- 2nd July 2019
- Posted by: Sherad Dewedi
- Category: Shenward
What’s the End Game?
It’s important that owner managed business owners ask themselves, what’s our end game? The pressures of managing your own business often results in exit planning becoming an after-thought. And that after-thought is often regretted as owner-managed business owners have amassed significant fortunes. So how do business owners realise the true value of these fortunes? A strong business exit strategy is pivotal to maximise an owner’s return on their investment. Key questions that are often posed:
- When is the best time to put my company up for sale?
- Is there anything I can do to increase the value of my company?
- What method of sale is most likely for me?
- What sale advisors should I be talking to? And when?
- Are there any specialist business brokers for my sector?
- What may be the cost of sale?
- What is my business realistically worth?
- What is my ‘line in the sand’ in terms of offers?
- What will I do after the sale? How long will I be needed for?
Without a plan in place, most business owners are under prepared for arguably the most challenging year of their lives.
We have an experienced technical team who can advise you on various strategic techniques; whether through exit planning strategies or business restructuring.
Contact us to arrange a non-obligatory consultation to explore various strategic techniques and how we ultimately add value to your business.